I must say, this was good, very good. Comforting. Pool Guy said to put it into the soup rotation once it gets cold out.
Potato Soup ~ Crock Pot
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, washed and cubed but not skinned
- 1 med onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 cups chicken stock (I used water and bouillon)
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 T seasoned salt
- bacon and shredded cheese for garnish
Place potatoes in a 4qt crock pot. It should pretty much fill it.
In a measuring cup, pour your broth and mix in your seasonings and garlic, pour over potatoes.
Cook on low 6 hours or high for 3.
Once potatoes are soft, remove about 1/2 and run through a food processor or blender then return to crock pot.
Add cream cheese and stir until blended.
Garnish with shredded cheese of your choice and chopped cooked bacon.