13 November 2011

Menu ~ Week of November 13, 2011

I had a menu all written up last week and didn't realize that I didn't post it until Thursday.  (I know, I'm a doofus!)  At that point it really didn't matter.   We pretty much stuck to it and I'm glad we did.  I needed room in the freezer for Thanksgiving stuff and then the leftovers.   
 
This week's trip to the grocery store was mostly Thanksgiving items and snacks for a couple of swim meets Blue Girl has coming up so this week is going to be another Pantry Challenge for the most part.  Is it just me or have the grocery prices really gone up in the last couple of weeks?  Sheesh!




Menu ~ Week of November 13


Breakfast:

  • Apple/Cinnamon Oatmeal (recipe to come)
  • Eggs and Bacon/Sausage
  • Bunless Cheeseburger


Lunch:

  • Ham/Cheese roll ups
  • Egg Drop Soup
  • Shrimp Stir Fry

Supper:


In addition to the usual cooking this week, I need to get some things done! 

  • I found 9, yes 9! chicken carcasses in the freezer yesterday.  I need to get some stock canned.  I already have 2 in the crock pot.  :)
  • I need to get some cranberry sauce canned.  We are down to 1 jar left from last year.
  • I bought a bunch of apples on sale the end of last week.  I need to get some Apple Pie Filling canned.

It's going to be a busy week but it'll be nice to have it all done before Thanksgiving.  :)



Go to orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas





No comments:

Post a Comment