20 November 2011

Menu ~ Thanksgiving Week!

This year instead of having my turkey smoked, I'm going to do it myself.  :)  I've smoked briskets and chickens before but each year, I pay just as much as the turkey cost to have it smoked.  This year as I was looking for a new brine recipe, I thought... "Why?"  So this year it's all me baby!  Well, me and Alton Brown.  ;)

There is no school for Blue Girl this week so breakfast and lunch will be easy, fix yourself kinda meals.  Supper though will be as usual.  I know most families don't do it, but if we don't sit down as a family and eat supper together every night, the world just isn't right.  :)



orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas

Breakfast:

  • Oatmeal
  • Eggs/Bacon/Sausage/Steak
  • Cereal


Lunch:


  • Sandwiches
  • Chicken Nuggets
  • Soup

Supper:

  • S - Citrus Marinated Pork Chops, rice, mixed veggies
  • M - Chicken Quesadillas, rice, beans
  • T - Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
  • W - Creamy Chicken  Tacos (crock pot) (I'll make enough for supper and one frozen supper)
  • T - Thanksgiving!  Honey Brined Smoked Turkey with all the fixins!
  • F - Sour Cream Noodle Bake, salad (I'll make 2 and freeze one)
  • S - Moistmaker Turkey Sandwiches  (If  you haven't tried one of these, you must this year!  OMGosh...)





No comments:

Post a Comment