Leftovers reheat well in the oven or microwave. Use the oven if you want the top crunchy. I have never tried freezing it so I don't know how it'd do.
With just a few substitutions, it makes an awesome dip or lunch with some crackers.
- 8oz crab meat (not the imitation ~ fresh if you can get it. If not canned is fine)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I made my own)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup stuffing mix, separated
- 1/2 small container of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 T Old Bay, or whatever seasoning you choose (cajun works well for some spice)
- 1 T butter, melted
Mix all ingredients except for the butter and 1/4 cup of stuffing mix in a large bowl.
Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
Mix melted butter and remaining 1/4 cup of stuffing. Spread over top of casserole.
Bake, uncovered for 55 min at 450.