19 October 2011

Pasta with Vodka Sauce and Italian Sausage

I've been wanting to try my hand at a Vodka Cream Sauce since having it one nigh at our favorite Italian restaurant.  I finally found a recipe that looked like something we'd like, with a few tweaks of course.  ;)

This was so easy and relatively quick.    Turns out it also freezes well.  Next time I'll double the recipe so I can have some already made for quick suppers.




Pasta with Vodka Cream Sauce and Italian Sausage

  • 1/2 pound Italian sausage
  • 16 oz pasta of your choice (I used BOB, bottom of the bag, you know, that mix of left over pastas)
  • 2 - 28oz can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 cup Vodka
  • 1 pint cream (recipe called for heavy, I had light on hand and it worked out fine)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning (I didn't measure)
  • Olive Oil
  • Shredded Parmesan for sprinkling over the top



Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, add garlic and cook for few min.

Remove sausage from casing and add to onions, cook crumbling until done.

Add tomatoes, seasonings and vodka.  Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 10 min.

Add cream, turn heat to low, cover and cook an additional 30 min.

While the sauce is cooking, prepare your pasta according to package directions.


I served with some crusty, cheesy garlic bread and a nice green salad.


1 comment:

  1. It looks just about perfect! .....Creamy, tomatoey and delicious!

    ReplyDelete