11 October 2011

Loaded Baked Potato Salad

I was at our favorite local BBQ place dropping off a turkey breast to be smoked the other day when  the owner pointed out the new side dishes since my last visit.  One thing in particular caught my eye:  Loaded Baked Potato Salad.  As far as I was concerned, the only good potato salad is the mustard potato salad.    Of course I asked what happened to the Mustard Potato Salad they had and he said they replaced it with the LBPS.  Hmmf!   As he's dishing up a little styrofoam cup of the new stuff for me to try, he's telling me how good it is, how I'm going to just looove it.  Yea, right.   I've seen this stuff around the web but come on,  better than Mustard Potato Salad?  As I take my first bite, I think..... this stuff's almost as good as livin' in sin!  I shrugged and told him it was okay.  I'd order it when we came again.


Since Potato Salad was already on my menu for that week, as soon as I came home I started boiling the potatoes.   I had to make this stuff! 




Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Makes 4 servings (could easily be doubled or tripled if needed)


  • 6 small russet potatoes (a good way to use up the small ones in the bag)
  • 1/2 package of bacon
  • 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup ranch dressing
  • salt and pepper
  • chives (Pool Guy doesn't care for them so I left them out)

Wash and boil potatoes, leave the skins on.  Put in the fridge over night or long enough to get cold.  (I find this makes cutting them and folding them into the dressing much easier.  They won't fall apart on you)

Large dice bacon and cook until crisp.  Drain on paper towels. (Tip:  use kitchen shears to cut bacon much easier than with a knife)

In a large bowl, mix sour cream, ranch dressing, cheese, salt and pepper and chives together. 

Add potatoes and bacon folding into dressing. 

Chill and serve.

1 comment:

  1. With the heat wave we have been having we are still eating lots and lots of salad, will give your loaded potato salad a go this week. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete