12 October 2011

Chicken Teriyaki

I found what looked to be this wonderful recipe for Chicken Teriyaki on Pinterest the other day.   I had everything needed on hand except the Saki so I decided to make this omitting the Saki.

I did make a few changes to the recipe to suit our tastes and increase the sauce a bit (we are saucy people!) but I pretty much stuck to what was written and I am happy with the results.  This was pretty good stuff! 

Below is the recipe with my revisions and if you go here, you will find the original recipe at Technicolor Kitchen.





Chicken Teriyaki
 (makes 4 servings)
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces (I used breasts)
  • 1/3 cup mirin
  • 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 3T brown sugar (I used Splenda)
  • 1T dark sesame oil
  • 1T corn starch
  •  2t ginger paste
  • 1t sesame seeds

Mix everything except chicken and cornstartch in a large bowl.

Add chicken bites and turn to coat.  Let sit for 30 min. (cook your rice while it marinates)

Drain (reserve marinade) and brown chicken over med-high heat in non stick pan.

Once chicken is nicely browned, mix corn starch into marinade and pour over chicken.

Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and let thicken for about 5 min.

Sprinkle with Sesame seeds and serve over rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment