21 August 2011

Thanksgiving Turkey Burger

Turkey Burgers.  Usually kinda bland and dry.  Don't get me wrong, I like turkey burgers, if I can find new ways to make them.  I have 3 recipes I normally use but  I wanted something new this time.  My usual: the Mexican Burger, the Asian Burger, the Onion Burger but those get old when you eat them as often as we do.

As I was browsing the internet last night, I kept coming across a recipe that used Panko in the turkey to help hold it together.  I have Panko...or so I thought.  Instead, I spied the container of stuffing in the pantry.  Hmmm... Stuffing instead of panko and seasonings, topped with a spoon of my home-canned Cranberry Sauce made with Splenda.  Perfect!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



  I served mine tonight with a side of Sauteed Veggies



Thanksgiving Turkey Burger

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 2/3 cup stuffing mix
  • 4T milk
  • Cranberry Sauce for topping


In a medium mixing bowl, combine stuffing mix and milk.  Let sit until stuffing is moist.

Add ground turkey and work until just combined.

Wet hands and form into 4 patties.

Let sit in fridge for a couple of hours.

Grill, fry or bake until done.

Top with cranberry sauce and any other "fixins" (sauteed onions,  lettuce, brie etc.) you like.



1 comment:

  1. Boo! These sound wonderful! Back when I made chicken fried steak - that was what I used for breading. I love the seasoning in the stuffing mix! GREAT idea for a turkey burger and the cranberry sauce...inspired! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete