20 January 2011

Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns

Makes 12 ~ 4 points+ each

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I know that buns and breads aren't really Weight Watchers friendly on the new plan, HOWEVER.. if you're gonna  blow 4 pts+ on a bun for your turkey burger ;),  might as well make it a healthy "I know what's in it" bun.  Right?







Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns

  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 2 T yeast
  • 2 T honey
  • 2 T melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 1/2 cups regular flour
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 T Vital Wheat Gluten (optional)

In your mixing bowl, mix water and yeast until yeast is dissolved.
Add honey and butter.  Let sit for 10 min.

Add remaining ingredients.  

Mix until a dough ball forms.

Knead (I used my Kitchen Aid) for 3-5 min until smooth and elastic.

Divide into 12 equal sized balls.

Place balls 3" apart on baking sheet.

Let rise.  (yesterday it was cool in the house so I had to turn on the oven and crack the door.  It took about 30 min. to get the rise I wanted)

Bake at 425 for about 10 min.  

Brush tops with butter.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, new follower.

    Now those are some yummy looking hamburger buns!!! Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete