Makes 6 - 1 cup servings 7 points+ each
I was wanting Chili today but didn't want to wait all day or make a huge batch nor did I have all the ingredients on hand even if I had wanted to do that. So, it was time to improvise.. I love improvising!
I came up with what Pool Guy said was my best chili yet! He asked if I could make it in big batches and can this version instead of the other. I think I can do that for him, just not today. LOL
This was my creation!
Two Bean and Beef Chili
- 1 lb extra lean (95/5 or better) ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water *
- 1 can kidney beans (drain but don't rinse)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 1/2 T ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 T onion powder
- 1 1/2 T garlic powder
- 1 T beef bouillon powder *
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
* if you don't have the bouillon powder, use 1/2 cup beef broth in place of it and the water
In a large, heavy pot, Sautee onion and garlic in oil until softened.
Add ground beef and cook through breaking up as it cooks.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 min.
Stir and turn to low heat.
Cover and let cook 1-2 hours.
You could also prepare all the ingredients and throw it into a 4qt crock pot and let it cook 4-6 hrs on low.