Okay, so my menus have turned into more of a guideline and list of ideas than an actual menu to go by. LOL It's all good though. At least I have a jumping off point everyday. It also helps to remind me that healthy meals can be quick and easy and if it looks better "on paper" it will feel better in my body.
I keep planning all these great comfort type food suppers then It's really warm, like close to 80 before you even factor in the humidity. Shorts weather. Typical for this area. However, this week they are saying it will snow and be in the 20s at night, 30s for the high. Ummm.. Here? In South Texas? Okay then. I guess it's that Global Warming. hahaha
If it does get cold, the crock pot will be working overtime for suppers and my supper menu will be completely out the window!
So here we go....
More menus and recipes here.
Menu ~ Week of Jan 30, 2011
- Maple/Apple Oatmeal (my new kick) (made with SF Maple syrup and 1/2 an apple)
- Special K w/Berries, skim milk, toast
- Eggs, bacon, english muffin
- Ham/Cheese sandwich
- Turkey/Cheese sandwich
- Broth/Veggie soup with the sandwiches (if it does get cold)
- Fruit if no soup
- Grilled Chicken, baked brown rice, broccoli
- Sloppy Joes, baked fries, salad
- Pork Loin, whole wheat garlic/lemon pasta, green beans (pasta recipe to come)
- Pork Fried Rice (left over pork loin and left over brown rice)
- Braised Ribs (only pork) , potato salad