26 December 2010

Marinara with Meat Sauce

3 Pts + for 1/2 cup serving




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 I was having some people over for supper one night and my daughter had requested spaghetti. When you are cooking for a number of people, that is an easy dish to make and always seems to please everyone, so I decided I would oblige her. 


As I was looking at my regular sauce recipe, I found that it just really wasn't what I was looking for tonight.  I ended up serving two sauces, my regular sauce and this one. 


I thought this one was excellent.  The layers of flavor really made this dish.  I got rave reviews from the adults and the kids loved my regular sauce.














Marinara with Meat Sauce



  • 2 - 14.5 oz cans Tomato Sauce
  • 1 - T tomato bouillon
  • 1 - T dried parsley
  • 2 - cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1.5 - t Italian Seasonings
  • 1 - t salt
  • 1 - T brown Sugar Splenda
  • 1/4 -t pepper
  • 3 - T olive oil
  • 1/2 - c white wine
  • 6oz browned 96/4 ground beef (or ground turkey, bison etc.)



Add all ingredients except the meat to a med. sized pot.  


Bring to boil then turn down to simmer.  Simmer covered for 30 min or so. 


Add browned meat.


Serve over pasta or Spaghetti Squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment