28 December 2010

Grilled Turkey Salisbury Steaks

From:   Now Eat This! By Rocco DiSpirito


Servings:  4   7 point+ per serving




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I picked this book up at the library one day because of all the reviews I had seen everywhere.  I will admit, I was impressed with what I saw.  While this was good, I enjoyed it, Pool Guy didn't really care for it.  The sharp Provolone is very distinct and very upfront in this recipe.  I love strong cheeses but he doesn't. The turkey patties had wonderful flavor and he asked for those again either with a different sauce or just as a burger.

I did not grill mine as it was a cold and rainy day when I made this so I just pan fried the patties, tomatoes and onion slices in the cooking spray.  It worked out just fine.

Another adjustment I made was to use ground turkey breast. The recipe did not specify so I used what I always buy.

Paired with a nice green salad, this made a wonderful meal.









Grilled Turkey Salisbury Steaks

  • 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast 
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary 
  • Salt and ground black pepper to taste 
  • Olive oil cooking spray 
  • 2 heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices 
  • 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices 
  • 1 cup evaporated skim milk 
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch 
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp provolone cheese 

Preheat a grill on high. 

In a bowl, mix turkey and rosemary. Divide into four portions and form into one-inch-thick oval patties. Season patties with salt and pepper; spray with olive oil. Place on grill. 

Spray tomato and onion with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on grill. 

Grill meat and onions for four minutes per side. Grill tomato for two minutes per side. 

In a bowl, whisk evaporated milk into cornstarch. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, about one minute. Whisk cheese into sauce until melted. 

Season with salt and pepper. Pile tomato and onion on patties. Spoon cheese sauce on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment