6.9 Points each TV Dinner
Making your own pays off. Just a little work but so much more flavor than those Lean Cuisine or even the Weight Watchers dinners, minus the stuff you can't pronounce but still just as convenient.
So, who doesn't like Mexican food? Raise your hand... That's what I thought! NO ONE! haha
The problem is, Mexican food is usually loaded with fat and calories. Why do you think it's so good? However, that doesn't mean I plan on giving it up, no way Jose! One of our favorites is Enchiladas Verdes or Green Enchiladas. I took my regular recipe, (link to my other blog with the regular recipe) and made it healthy.
Here are the few substitutions I made:
- LC tortillas instead of corn
- LF cheese in place of the regular
- Light Sour Cream when eating replacing the regular
Each of the TV Dinners is made up of:
- 3 enchiladas (4.6 points) ~ sauce, 3oz chicken, 3 tortillas and 1/4c cheese
- 1/2 cup of brown rice (2 points) ~ cooked in broth with diced tomatoes and jalapenos
- 1/4 cup pinto beans (.3 points) ~ homemade with just water and seasonings - no fat!
Before adjustments: 10 points each dinner (not bad but it could be better)
After adjustments: 6.9 points!