04 November 2010

Fried Potatoes

Makes 3 - heaping 1/2 cup servings, 2 points each


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Being a southern girl, I love me some fried potatoes.  I was thinking though that there was no way I could eat them while doing Weight Watchers.  Then it dawned on me, the reason I chose Weight Watchers was because I could eat whatever I wanted, just in moderation.  So with that I decided I would "skinny up" my usual fried potatoes recipe and have some with supper.




Fried Potatoes

  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 - 10 oz potato, diced (any will do I suppose)
  • 1 T canola oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

Heat a nonstick skillet over med low heat with oil.  I used a very well seasoned cast iron, my favorite! 

Sauté onion until just translucent and then add your potatoes.

Cook over med-low heat until browned and slightly crispy on the outside and just fork tender on the inside. 


That's it.  Super simple.  Super good.

No comments:

Post a Comment