08 August 2010

Menu ~ Week of August 8

I am, as my daughter would say, "so over" the low carb thing. I'll do well for a couple of weeks then I fall off the wagon. Seems like one sandwich will have me gaining back most of what I lost during the previous two weeks. That is just not how I want to live. Who does? LOL

I am taking a new approach to this losing weight thing. Portion control, a much lighter menu and clean eating. This way, I get to eat everything I ate before ~ the foods I love, just a more healthy version and less of it. I will also be trying a bunch of new recipes. That means, more recipes to post for yall to see, starting with two or three new recipes this week!
(check out the new "Lighter Side" category in the label cloud on the L side of the page. I'll be adding WW points to the recipes as I have time and will posting more to that category soon!)

On another note: SCHOOL STARTS MONDAY! That's right, tomorrow school starts for us.

I'm thinking of starting a new post subject, "Bentos or The Brown Bag Lunch". My daughter will take her lunch most days and I have always liked reading about what other mothers are putting in their kids lunches. I think it's great to share this information so we don't get stuck in the "lunch rut".





Menu ~ Week of Aug, 8, 2010

  • Veggie/Chicken Fried Rice (cabbage, sprouts, onions, brown rice and a tad bit of chicken breast)
  • Spaghetti (ww pasta,), salad
  • Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta in Light Tomato Sauce, steamed broccoli (recipe to come)
  • Chicken Stir Fry (made w/sprouts, onions, broccoli, cherry tomatoes)
  • Grilled Tilapia, brown rice, sweet peas
  • Beef Picadillo, corn bread, left over rice made into spanish rice (recipes to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment