14 August 2010

Crock Pot Chicken Dump

I stood there with the freezer door open, staring aimlessly into the frozen abyss with absolutely no ideas, as usual. Then I turned to the pantry storage shelves and stared at them with the same result.

Observations: 1) I need to use the crock pot because it's so hot it sucks your eyes out of their sockets when you open the front door. 2) I have more chicken than anything else in the freezer. 3) The pantry looks b-o-r-i-n-g.

The usual chicken with cream of something-or-other soup just didn't sound too appealing. Too boring.

Then the light went on, literally. Pool Guy walked into the room and turned on the light. LOL Wondering what I was doing with the freezer wide open and me across the room by the pantry shelves, he asks "So, what's for supper?"

Then I glanced up, saw the cans of tomatoes and thought..hmmm, I bet that would be good.

So it was born, Crock Pot Chicken Dump.

The real beauty of this is you can just "dump" in whatever you have that sounds good to you at that point in time. I don't know why it has taken me so long to come up with something as easy as this.

Not every meal has to be super difficult and involved to make in order for it to taste good.

Oh, and smart one that I am, I didn't take any pictures of this as I made it. Not even when it was done. I'll try and remember next time and post some pictures for it. This heat must really be frying my brain.



Crock Pot Chicken (or pork..or beef) Dump

  • 3-4 breasts, cut into nice big bite sized chunks
  • 1 can cream mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream chicken soup
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, juice and all
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • seasonings (make it whatever....mexican (add a pkt of taco seasonings), italian (add a pkt of dressing), normal etc.)
  • 1 pkg cream cheese, cubed (optional - I added this)
  • 1/4 log of velveeta, cubed (optional)
  • 1 jar of mushrooms (optional)
  • 1/2 can well drained spinach (optional)
  • shredded cheese for garnish (optional)

Put the chicken and onion in the crock pot (you could use whole breasts too, if you like).

Mix the soups, the tomatoes and the seasonings of your choice together in a bowl. (I just used some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a pinch of chili powder)

Pour over the chicken.

Put in your veggies of choice. (spinach, mushrooms, corn...etc.)

Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-10.

Mix in the cream cheese if you choose or you could use some sour cream too.

Serve over baked potatoes, pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment