10 March 2010

White Bread

Butcher?  Baker?  I'm the Bread Maker!

It has been a very long time since we bought bread at the store. I have tried many recipes looking for THE one. One day, it was just handed to me. Just like that. A lady on a forum I frequent, had posted and mentioned her bread. I asked for her recipe. I made some adjustments to the recipe and we have never looked back.

Here is the recipe with my adjustments:






Boo's Bread (as it has been dubbed by the kids in the family)

1 cup milk
1.75 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tbs butter, softened
1 tbs honey
2.75 cups flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 tbs yeast
2 tbs wheat gluten

Let ingredients come to room temp. Put all ingredients into bread machine in order listed above. Set your machine to dough cycle for large loaf. After 2nd kneed, take out of machine and shape into a 12" loaf pan. Cover, let rise 1 hour. Bake in oven at 425 for 15 min. When done, turn out onto bake rack to cool. Brush top with butter while still hot for a softer crust.


I have gotten to the point that I am making at least one loaf a week. I try to make two at a time and freeze one so we are never without. (I will slice the entire loaf before freezing) I don't think Blue Girl and Pool Guy will ever eat store bought bread again.



I get the bags at Sam's Club

1 comment:

  1. B. -

    I saw your comment from February on the Good (&CHEAP) Eats blog about her Garlic Focaccia and found my way to your blogs. If I may ask, can you share the recipes that are attached to your bread machine? I'm still trying to get the hang of bread making and am hoping to wow my family with some homemade goodness. Thanks!

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete