14 February 2010

Swedish Meatballs ~ Crock Pot

Is it my birthday? Unfortunately, no. :C

This was always my request for my birthday supper. Swedish Meatballs. Mmm..balls of meat smothered in a thick rich mushroom gravy served over noodles or baked poatoes. What's not to like? LOL


My mother made the best! It took her hours and hours. Making the meatballs then slow cooking them in a roasting pan in the oven with the homemade gravy...well, as usual, I have figured out how to make them in the CROCK POT! My mother is either turning over in her grave or smacking herself for not trying it first. haha

Let me start by saying "I HATE making meatballs!". They are messy and time consuming. So, when I do make them, I make hundreds at a time and freeze them after they are cooked. Not only is this easier on me when it comes to making them, but it makes cooking with them a lot easier! Ah, but that's another post..








Swedish Meatballs ~ Crock Pot
  • 1 1/2 lbs meatballs, cooked (or at least browned)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 pint mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (my store didn't have any fresh so I used a 6oz jar)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 cups beef broth
  • seasonings of choice




Place [frozen] meatballs in bottom of 4qt crock pot. Place mushrooms on top of meatballs.

In a quart (or spaghetti sauce) jar, mix: flour, soup, broth and seasonings. Shake until no lumps are left. Pour over top of meatballs and mushrooms. Stir all together.

Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment