We like the tang of a vinegar sauce but the sweetness of a molasses and brown sugar sauce all while having the 'back bite' of a spicy sauce. I think I have achieved all of those sensations in this one sauce.
This recipe can easily be multiplied and home canned. Next time I make a really big batch, I will post pictures of the canning procedure along with instructions.
Boo's BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup (use a good ketchup)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons molasses ~ full flavor
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons your favorite hot sauce (Tabasco, Cholula ~ my favorite, etc.)
- 1/2 tablespoon each, garlic and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cool to room temp. before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.