Beef with mushrooms smothered in a creamy sauce. What's not to like?
This is one of my "go to" meals when we are having company or I need to stock the freezer. Today, I'm making it for our supper and the left overs will get portioned and go toward stocking the freezer. I should have at least 2 more meals to freeze for later.
Beef Stroganoff ~ Crock Pot
- 3 pounds cubed super lean stew meat
- 1 pound of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans Beef Gravy (you can use cream of mush. soup or golden mushroom soup)
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire
- 8 oz of cream cheese (not pictured)
- garlic powder
- whole wheat pasta ~ any kind will do ~ enough for your meal
Combine all the ingredients except for the meat and cream cheese in your crock pot. Once combined well, add the meat and mix together. It won't look like there is nearly enough 'liquid' for the crock pot, but trust me, as the meat cooks, it will make more.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours* then add your cut up cream cheese. Mix in well. Replace lid and turn to high while you cook your pasta.
~~~~~~~~~~~(See how much sauce it made with no added water/broth?)~~~~~~~~~~~
Stir and serve over noodles.
You can also serve over baked potatoes, bread or rice.
* Cook on high for 5-6 hours then turn down to low/warm until you are ready to eat. This is what I normally do. The longer it cooks, the more tender it will be. :)
OAMC: Mix noodles and meat mixture together. Separate into meal sized portions. Place in plastic wrap lined baking dish, cover. Freeze. Once frozen, remove from baking dish leaving plastic wrap in place. Wrap in foil and place in a zip top bag. Cooking: remove frozen meal from bag/foil/plastic. Place into baking dish. Thaw in fridge over night. You may want to mix in just a tablespoon or two of water to it. Heat in oven at 325 for 30 min or until heated through. Or you could just heat it in the microwave.
Results: This is just so good. Better than you will ever get in any restaurant! 2 hours after meal: blood sugar level is fine. Yay!