I usually make four loaves for freezing, but I only have two pans to use. So I'll make them two at a time ~ four in a day. I'll put the first two into the freezer until they are "set", about an hour or so, then take them out and wrap them up in foil then make the other two. I also only make one pound loaves since there are only 3 of us. If we have company for supper, I can just thaw two and make one big one. You can increase the ingredients to make the size loaf you need. It's not any more work.
Meatloaf (makes 4-1lb loaves)
- 4 - pounds of hamburger meat (or any meat/combination of meats you want)
- 3 - wrappers of soda crackers, crushed
- 1 - cup ketchup (give or take depending on how you like it)
- 4 - eggs
- 6 - tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 - tbsp milk
- 4 - tbsp garlic powder
- 4 - tbsp onion powder (you could use real onion ~ Blue Girl won't touch it if it has real onions)
- 3 - tbsp parsley (I completely forgot to put this in this time)
- 2 - tbsp salt
- 1/2 - tbsp pepper
Bring your eggs, milk and meat to room temp.
Mix all together in a large bowl.
Lightly spray your loaf pans with Pam, then line with plastic wrap.
Divide the meat mixture between the loaf pans and pat down into the pan.
Cover the top of the meat with the sides of the plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
Once "set" you can remove the loaf by pulling up on the plastic wrap or turning the pan over and letting it slide out. Do not remove the plastic wrap!
Wrap in foil, place into zip top bags and put back in the freezer.
Heating: Thaw ~ 45min 350 (adjust time for your size of loaf)
~REMINDER: Check the meals off on your calendar so you know you have made them.~