29 May 2009

Brisket on the Grill

Low and Slow is the key to a mighty fine tasting Brisket!

Don't be intimidated by it. Brisket is one of the easiest things to cook, as long as you have the time. :) I buy mine untrimmed and in the 20 pound range. When I get it home, I will cut it into 5-6lb pieces then freeze. If you buy it this way you can usually get it for around $2 a pound or less. That works out to around $8 per meal. Not bad for a big super tasty hunk of meat!


Brisket:

1 -5-6lb Brisket

Rub (whatever is your favorite. I use Bolner's Mesquite Brisket Rub)

Wood chips (soaked for at least an hour)


Rub the brisket with the seasonings on all sides. Really coat it well. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge overnight.

Heat your grill with indirect heat to around 250 degrees.

Place your soaked wood chips in the smoker box and place over the burner or coals.

Place your brisket, fat side up, on the other side of the grill.

Check the temp off and on making sure to keep it around 250.

I let mine cook/smoke for 7 hours.

The taste was devine and the texture was wonderful. I could've let it go longer with even better results but we were hungry and the smell was too much to take any longer.

I served it with a Low Carb broccoli slaw and some home made BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment