01 March 2009

Weekly Menu ~ March 1 - 7


Sunday
: Fish Sticks and Mac-n-Cheese (homemade), broccoli/cauliflower/carrots
  • Fish Sticks are part of a "combo loco" at the grocery store this week. Buy them, get 1/2 gallon of milk free.

Monday:
Baked Chicken, fried potatoes w/onions, corn
  • They still have the whole chickens for 79 cents per pound. I picked up two more and will go back for two more (that's the limit) each day until the sale stops. We eat a lot of chicken.

Tuesday:
Hamburger Potato Hot Dish (in the crock pot), peas
  • I'll post the recipe for this when I make it. This was my dad's favorite meal

Wednesday:
Sandwiches and Chicken Noodle Soup (homemade)
  • We have decided to make Wednesday nights an easy night. Seems when we get the "don't want to fix dinner" blahs, it's always on a Wednesday. That's why Pizza night was always on Wed. nights.

Thursday:
Pancakes (or French Toast, I haven't decided yet) , sausage and eggs
  • The grocery store had breakfast sausage on sale for 2lbs for $5 and had a coupon for 50 cents off eggs.

Friday:
Pizza night. Served with a salad
  • Moved it from Wed. due to Lent. May move it back to Wednesdays after. We'll see how soup/sandwich night goes over.

Saturday:
FFY, fend for yourselves. This is day we eat up all the leftovers. :)


Dessert for the week:
Shooo-Fly Pie.
  • I'll post the recipe when I make it.


1 comment:

  1. I just got your comment on my blog. We live in Houston.

    ReplyDelete