Tuesday: Roast in the Crockpot
- 3lb beef rump roast (or whatever cut of meat you choose)
- 1 - large onion, sliced
- 2 - large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 - med potatoes, chunked
- 1 - can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted ~ golden mushroom works well too)
- fresh mushrooms (optional)
- seasoning of choice
Season roast on both sides.
Place roast in crock pot.
Place sliced onions on top. (I sometimes put the sliced onions on the bottom then the roast on top of them)
Pour can of soup over the top. Spread with a spoon. (do not dilute the soup ~ will make gravy with meat juices)
Place chunked potatoes on top (then sliced mushrooms). Season with salt and pepper.
Cook covered, on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5. You can always start it on high then turn it down to low after a couple of hours and let cook for 5-6 hours.
Total Cost: $12.28
Number of meals: 2-3