Monday: Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 3 - chicken breast halves, cut up, seasoned and sauteed until no longer pink
- 2 - cups broccoli, steamed until slightly crunchy
- 1 - can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup water from broccoli
- 2 cups dry stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used Mozz. since I have a bunch for Pizza nights)
- 3/4 cup melted butter (or whatever you use ~ I used Smart Balance to cut calories and fat)
Place half of chicken into the bottom of a casserole dish.
Pour all of cooked broccoli on top of chicken.
Pour rest of chicken on top.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Mix the soup, mayo and broccoli water in a bowl. Pour over the top poking "holes" to make sure the mixture gets all the way through to the bottom.
For OAMC: omit the next step until time of use:
Mix stuffing with melted butter and pour over the top and spread out.
For OAMC: thaw casserole, add stuffing mixture to top and spread out. Bake as directed below.
Bake covered for 45 min @ 350. Turn off oven, remove cover and place back into the over for another 15 min.